Laptop Clicking Noise

skysocket 17:52 14 Feb 09

Hey,

I am experiencing an issue with my Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi laptop.

First, this is an occasional issue. I use this laptop alot, and this issue only occurs perhaps once a week.

When occuring, i get a small clicking noise, much like a clock ticking, from within the laptop. This is not a 'harsh' clicking that sounds like the major harddrive failure sound recordings I have listened to online. However it is noticeable.

The clicking noise i experience always starts off slow, clicking approx once every 2 seconds. This will continue, and for some reason speeds up gradually over time.

If i tilt the laptop backwards, the clicking will speed up very quickly, until it stops. Placing the laptop flat again, often the clicking will not come back (occasionally it does, then i repeat the process above).

I have long backed my data up, i just wanted the opinions of others. Sound like typical harddrive failure to you?

Any help appreciated! Cheers

User-1229748 17:58 14 Feb 09

if you go to your hard drive manufacturers website you should be able to run a diagnostic tool,although a clicking noise from within does not sound good :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…