laptop cdr/w problem

preston 10:09 10 Feb 04

i can play and read dvd and cd's on my laptop, but when i try to burn a cd, the comp tells me that it has, but when i try to play it back to check, i cant. the drive just keeps on whirring and struggling to read the disk. i have reinstalled the software and still no joy. the disks are all new out of the box. need help quick before warranty runs out and i get the warranty run around.

Frosty120 14:50 10 Feb 04

If your still under warrenty your best bet is to make use of it, go and get it checked by the manufacturer.
Before you do though, it might be worth checking your disks, buy some new blank disks from a well known, respectable company and try them.
I recently had a similar problem with some cheap and nasty blank dvd-r's, so I tried using HP ones and they worked.
When I looked at the cheap ones, there was a circle on the disk, I tried to burn, it burnt to the circle and no further, wierd, HP had no circle, no problem. I can only assume I got a bad batch.
Frosty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…