Laptop Care

I am new to laptops. What is the best way to look after them? By that I mean fingerprints on the keyboard etc which are greasy and a clean dry cloth does not remove them on its own.

What is the best and safest product to use. This question also applies to the screen.

Devil Fish 20:50 23 Sep 10

you can purchase dedicated cleaners that are generaly available in large supermarkets with an electrical section most major electrical retailers or a pc shop

an example from tesco click here but as above many retailers will supply something similar example from amazon click here

hope this is of some help

D

Jameslayer 20:51 23 Sep 10

will babywipes do the trick out of interest?

woodchip 22:00 23 Sep 10

No chemicals

robin_x 22:12 23 Sep 10

Get a microfibre cloth from any opticians (for fingerprints), a new paintbrush from the pound shop (for dust). Get dust/grit off first before using cloth to avoid scratches.

I use a smidgin of windowlene sometimes and a new J-cloth for stubborn fingerprints. Spray the cloth for a split second, well away from the laptop.

Dont press too hard. Modern screens have thinner glass than older screens I think.

Certainly I managed to break mine (dropped 18" onto living room carpet). &70 for a new panel. Ouch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…