Laptop cannot see wireless connection

JuliaT 23:56 17 Jan 09

I have a Belkin N1 wireless router. It works fine with my laptop. It used to work fine with my son's laptop as well.

My son recently reset his laptop to its factory settings. He now wants to reconnect wirelessly to the Belkin router. I have turned off all the security on the Belkin and set it to broadcast the SSID. MAC filtering is also turned off. But my son's laptop cannot see the Belkin. It can see other wireless routers in the area and is able to connect to one of them (which is not secured).

I have even tried to enter the Belkin router's name manually into my son's list of wireless networks. But it still won't connect.

So the router is working, the wireless card on the laptop is working, and there are no security issues. Yet the laptop doesn't see the router.

Can anyone please suggest what the problem is and what I can do about it.

brundle 00:04 18 Jan 09

Change wireless channel - 1,6 and 11 are the only ones to try, all others overlap. Check for updated drivers for the laptop wireless adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…