laptop cannot find router signal

shendry96 21:39 25 Apr 06

hi just bought a linksys router hr200. everythings working fine on the pc end.. can get onto the internet and everything from the pc. when i try to connect to the wireless signal on the laptop it cant find the signal. i'm on ntl... neone any suggestions!?!?

cheers

Stephen

mgmcc 22:08 25 Apr 06

Is the router's wireless capability enabled and the SSID set to be "broadcast? In my Linksys router enabling radio is done by setting the "Wireless Network Mode" to B, G or Mixed, as appropriate, and there is an option to Enable/Disable SSID Broadcast. Screenshot - click here

Skills 22:45 25 Apr 06

I always leave the encryption off until I have them talking to each other and then enable the encryption. Disabling firewalls temporarily just to rule them out can be helpful as well.

shendry96 07:24 26 Apr 06

hey guys thanks for the advice but still nothing... could it be anything to do with the built in wireless on the laptop?

mgmcc 07:39 26 Apr 06

<<< could it be anything to do with the built in wireless on the laptop? >>>

Is it definitely switched on and does it pick up any other networks in the area? I recall posts some time ago where the default setting was to disable wireless networking if the laptop wasn't on mains power.

Skills 17:00 26 Apr 06

Check the device manager to make sure the drivers are installed correctly. Make sure the wireless adaptor is switched on some laptops have a switch on the front.

Open up the control panel and run through the wireless nework setup wizard and see if this shows up your network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…