Laptop Cannot Connect To Internet

NSBT 10:37 24 Jan 08

Hi Folks

Following on from thisclick here thread, whilst I managed to get on-line yesterday on my laptop, I've switched it on this morning, and keep getting the message “Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Web page”

Any advice please?

Technotiger 10:41 24 Jan 08

click here

Good luck.

NSBT 10:56 24 Jan 08

Hello Tech

Thanks for that, I'm sorry for keep asking questions

I'll leave the resolved button for a while and see what progress I make.

Cheers

birdface 11:13 24 Jan 08

From Microsoft.click here

NSBT 16:44 24 Jan 08

OK

I'm having a nightmare

I followed the advise above, and still made no progress

I called Ebuyy's helpline, who after giving me instructions what do, advised me it's a Belkin issue (I have a Belkin wireless Router.) and therefore to call Belkin.

I did, again same procedure, Belkin said it's a Microsoft issue, and to call them.

I did, same procedure, Microsoft say, it's a manufactures issue and to call them.

I did, HP, same procedure, HP say it my ISP I should contact Blue yonder.

Talk about being stressed.

This is where I'm at now, I can access the internet via my desktop PC.

On my laptop it states I'm connected to the internet, but when I try and open a page the message IE cannot display the webpage.

No matter what address I enter, PCA, Hotmail, BBC, the same message keeps appearing.

When I do IPConfig I get this on my desktop: 192.168.2.2, on my laptop I get this 192.168.2.3

Should they both be identical?

birdface 17:24 24 Jan 08

What happens if you use Firefox,Can you get connected then.

NSBT 17:28 24 Jan 08

Hello buteman

Thanks, I'm unable to get on to the internet on the laptop, so can't get to Firefox site.

Technotiger 17:28 24 Jan 08

No they should not be identical. On the laptop in IE/Tools/Internet Options/Connection/LAN settings the only box ticked should be Automatically detect settings .... No other boxes should be ticked!

birdface 17:30 24 Jan 08

If with Blueyonder,Do you have cable Broadband.[Virgin.]If so are you connected to your modem with an Ethernet cable.

NSBT 17:32 24 Jan 08

Hey Buteman

I'm so stressed out, therefore only just remembered, last night I installed Microsoft updates, in total there were 5 to be installed, only 2 were successful, I was unable to get onto the internet to install the other 3, it's after this that the problem occurred.

Could it be something to do with the installation of the 2 updates, and if so, how I would find out which they were, and remove them?

birdface 17:38 24 Jan 08

I should have added.if so unplug your Modem for 1Minute switch it back on and leave for 2 minutes before you use it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced