Laptop can find AOL router but cannot get on internet

ferrispedro 17:58 PM 15 Feb 12

Since Connecting up a new router(Huawei Echolife HG521) AOL sent me my daughter cannot access the internet.She is seeing the router and using its Password but cant connect to internet.

Ian in Northampton 18:03 PM 15 Feb 12

Is the router set up with a username and password for your ISP?

ferrispedro 18:31 PM 15 Feb 12

Sorry dont know that, using router default password and ID at the moment.

robin_x 18:58 PM 15 Feb 12

Your AOL logon in the router settings should be of the form

[email protected]

AOL Password of the form abc123de (unless changed)

It is not the same as details to just connect to the router from computer.

Which will be something like 192.168.1.254 (typed in your browser address bar. Default logons then may be Administrator and password, or admin, blank.

All routers are different.

You may be best calling AOL Customer Services if you have problems. They can issue a new password over the phone. Subject to the interminable script to check that you are doing everything correctly.

They messed up my account when I got a new router and changed plan. Took me 4 calls to get them to admit a problem and for me to get online.

Make sure you have a filter on each line socket and that you are using the master socket for the router (or tell them that you are). They refuse support if you are running off extension.

ferrispedro 19:33 PM 15 Feb 12

Many thanks I'll contact Bombay tomorrow. Peter.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites