laptop buying and question

devilinity 08 Jun 11

I've been told that samsung and acer has the most reliable hardware and is the cheapest to fix, is that true?

Because before i brought a nec laptop and after 2 years the laptop graphic failed and only then i knew that this particular model had issues ...

woodchip 08 Jun 11

Acer, Bad Support if things go wrong.

chub_tor 08 Jun 11

Laptop reliability report Nov 2010 Click Here then click on the table to see the results in detail. No 1 Apple No 2 Asus No 3 Toshiba

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08 Jun 11

Acer reliable - your having a laugh, do a search on this forum to see how many acer problems there are.

It may be because they are more popular that other makes but having tried and failed to repair a lot of them "cheap and cheerful" springs to mind.

Personally I wouldn't buy an Acer.

I still use a Compaq running Win98 a HP Omnibook6100 running W2k pro that has got to be 12 yrs old now and an IBM T31 thats been hammered for work at least 8 yrs.

woodchip 08 Jun 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ And as you, I think Know I run a HP 510 with old single core Centrino CPU 2.13 Ghz And as been trouble free in about 4 years running XP Home

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message