laptop buying and question

devilinity 18:41 PM 08 Jun 11

I've been told that samsung and acer has the most reliable hardware and is the cheapest to fix, is that true?

Because before i brought a nec laptop and after 2 years the laptop graphic failed and only then i knew that this particular model had issues ...

woodchip 18:45 PM 08 Jun 11

Acer, Bad Support if things go wrong.

chub_tor 18:54 PM 08 Jun 11

Laptop reliability report Nov 2010 Click Here then click on the table to see the results in detail. No 1 Apple No 2 Asus No 3 Toshiba

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 PM 08 Jun 11

Acer reliable - your having a laugh, do a search on this forum to see how many acer problems there are.

It may be because they are more popular that other makes but having tried and failed to repair a lot of them "cheap and cheerful" springs to mind.

Personally I wouldn't buy an Acer.

I still use a Compaq running Win98 a HP Omnibook6100 running W2k pro that has got to be 12 yrs old now and an IBM T31 thats been hammered for work at least 8 yrs.

woodchip 19:33 PM 08 Jun 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ And as you, I think Know I run a HP 510 with old single core Centrino CPU 2.13 Ghz And as been trouble free in about 4 years running XP Home

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…