Laptop Blue Screen

Dante001 16:17 26 Apr 07

Okay guys bare with me its quite a bit complicated.

One day I got a blue screen on my laptop. The blue screen became frequent and eventually I gave in a sent it to a technician. I got it back and he charged me £30.

Next day im using it and *pop* blue screen. I took it back to the technician. He said the hard drive is faulty - charged me £65 for a new hardrive.

Now i have it back again and its popping up with blue screens every 5 minutes!

IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL / BAD_POOL_CALLER

Now, I've done a bit of research and searching the forums and I hear this is likely a RAM problem? Anymore info you need let me know! Please help me. Thank you! :)

Gongoozler 16:30 26 Apr 07

RAM is one possibility, but equally it could be an overheating CPU or motherboard, or a driver problem. This is one of those almost meaningless error messages that Microsoft give, which is why your repairer is having such trouble pinning down the cause. Try leaving the computer running for a time in Safe Mode. That should help to tell if it is a driver problem. Did your repairer try cleaning the fins of any heatsinks?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:37 26 Apr 07

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

click here

Dante001 17:35 26 Apr 07

Thanks for the help. How do I tell in safe mode if it is a driver problem?

I dont think the repairer cleaned anything. In fact im not even sure what he did - he told me that a new hard drive would resolve it but its still the same.

Thanks for the info aswell Fruit Bat I will give it all a try.

Gongoozler 18:37 26 Apr 07

In Safe Mode, only the basic drivers and no other programs load, so if the blue screen doesn't happen in Safe Mode, it's most likely that it's a driver issue, usually the graphics driver.

Dante001 01:30 27 Apr 07

Hi, I ran the system in Safe Mode for a while (about an hour or so) and no errors / blue screens occured. However the moment I shut off the computer and ran Windows normally, the blue screen appeared with a new message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA." I am right in saying that this is likely to be a hardware defect than a driver problem? Thanks

Gongoozler 09:26 27 Apr 07

Laptop runs normally in Safe Mode, but blue screens immediately in normal mode suggests to me that this is a driver or software problem. I think the first driver to try uninstalling and reinstalling is the graphics driver.

jaggerjack 18:26 12 Sep 11

what the problem when the blue screen say it's a technical problem?

when the blue screen appear,it auto restart and when i chose safe mode also happen again.... it didn't even have a chance to load the window,every time i tried...

onthelimit1 18:32 12 Sep 11

Why oh why add to a four year old thread! Start your own thread and try to make it understandable!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced