laptop bios update

thorderon 00:46 12 Aug 04

hello all..i bought a secondhand notebook and i need to update the bios..the notebook is a..hi-grade notino 3200..searched every where but to no avail!!does anyone know where i can update the bios or have any info on this notebook..by the way have been to the hi-grade site but just links for drivers..and i dont want to ring the probably highly priced helpline.have used various utilities to find out what motherboard is in it,and it came up with a twinhead n222s8 but i dont know for sure its that as other utilities didnt recognise it.failing any findings i will have to pull it to bits to see if there is a sticker on the motherboard..(reason for bios update is its not properly seeing my proccessor and itys about 2 years old) thanks

johnnyrocker 01:28 12 Aug 04

why not click here gives you a full listing of your puter.

johnny.

thorderon 01:43 12 Aug 04

thanks for the reply johnny,already used beleric advisor and it came up with twinhead n22s8 1.0..so should i trust it and download an updated bios...by the way on the boot up screen on the notebook it says it has an ami bios and on the link to the new bios it does not say its an ami bios..went to the ami bios site to update it aswell and it didnt come up with anything regarding the said motherboard...any suggestions?
thanks in advance

thorderon 08:52 12 Aug 04

my first post said i had a 3200 but its a 2200...anyway going to give the bios flash a go...fingers crossed people!!!

thorderon 10:07 12 Aug 04

downloaded the bios file but had to be done from floppy!!as i have no floppy drive on the notebook,i downloaded an ami bios flash utility.ran the program and it didnt recognise the bios rom and other parts of the bios..so still stumped for now.was going to create a bootable cdrom for it but have no cdr's left..well i think i will leave for a while now..i may get an external floppy drive and see what happens then..bye for now peeps

my first post on forums!! was doing some tidying of posts
thought i'd update the solution..flashed bios ok and flogged it for 2x what i bought it for.. good old ebay regards akanic

just to add there are loads of unticked posts that i have added too.. what a mess.. :)what would be nice is if any thread was found useless ie no real resolve why not de clutter the boards and delete them all? i'm sure the fe has some spare time on his hands :P kind regards akanic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…