laptop batterys

stephen1978 14:08 04 Nov 09

i have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop but im only getting about an hour and a half out the current battery if i go and buy a brand new battery how long should i get out the battery if charged fully ????

ambra4 15:38 04 Nov 09

It all depends on the size of your present battery, 4-cell battery, 6-cell battery or 9-cell battery

Each one will give a difference battery life

Battery life is basically nothing on a 4-cell Li-ion up to 2 hours of battery life

Most 6-cell battery should runs 2-3 hours.

Dell states 8 hours and 7 minutes of battery life with the 6-cell battery possible with the

computer just sitting in the corner idle

You should look at a 9-cell battery or the new 4400mAh battery

Dell Inspiron 1525/1545 Battery / 9-Cell

click here

New 4400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Replacement Laptop Battery For Dell Inspiron 1545

click here

T0SH 15:48 04 Nov 09

You may as well ask how long is a bit of string

There are so many variables in laptop battery life expectancy

Speaking from my own experience one and a half hours continuious working on battery is a good average with all except the most recent model laptops

Even then I suspect you need to take their estimated battery working life figures with a very large pinch of salt

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…