Laptop battery - suppliers

johndrew 11:21 16 Apr 07

I have been searching for a battery for my son`s laptop (Toshiba Satellite A60 106) and have identified three possible sources. Has anyone any experience of these companies or knows of other sources which they can recommend.

Thanks in anticipation.

click here
click here
click here

wee eddie 11:31 16 Apr 07

I have an Advent.

Having visited the site that Sold Advent approved batteries, I then looked around the net and found a suitable battery, It works well.

However, The original battery had the compartment cover built into it and that end of the cheap one is different, so it looks a bit odd.

As my Laptop is for work only, and not a Status Symbol, it is of little consequence.

However, your son may see his Laptop in a different light and be less than happy with such a difference.

wee eddie 11:32 16 Apr 07

at approximately half the price

johndrew 19:43 16 Apr 07

^

johndrew 12:05 18 Apr 07

Is there anyone out there with any recommendations or advice please.

silverous 12:38 18 Apr 07

Consider laptopbits also - I've used them and the service was superb. I dealt with Tony Brocklebank there (click here).

Press Man 13:13 18 Apr 07

johndrew,

Try click here I purchsed a battery for my son's Evesham laptop, all straight forward good delivery, no probs.

johndrew 10:52 19 Apr 07

Thanks for your help. It is often true that you get what you pay for and in this case it appears to be accurate. The three I have are cheaper but with no recommendations!!!

Thanks again.

guru md 07:28 01 May 07

i read your notice a few days ago as i was in a similar situation. i have found a new website which has a large range of batteries and very good search engine. The prices are very cheap!

the website address is - click here

johndrew 09:40 01 May 07

Thanks for your response.

The order was literally about to go when your post arrived.

One question you may be able to answer, do they ship to the UK?

spuds 10:34 01 May 07

In the past, I have used click here. Quick response and good products.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple