laptop battery to remove or not

terryr48 22:16 09 Aug 04

Hi, Should i take the battery out of my laptop as I have not used battery power for at least 6 months or should I just leave it in to keep it topped up, which way is going to ruin the battery quicker?

johnsims 22:20 09 Aug 04

Here is a link to an article on laptop battery care: click here

woodchip 22:35 09 Aug 04

I have just bought a new Medion Laptop, Not fitted the battery only once to try it. Then removed it as if you are using the laptop all the time and the battery is left in it will not last long. As it is constantly on charge, If you did that with a car battery it would last about a week and the plates inside would be shorted out. You are better topping the battery up about once a month with the laptop switched of but the mains cable connected. Also to rejuvenate a tired battery the computer should be set so that it can go into Hibernation and the laptop should be left on without the Mains plug connected to let it run the battery down, it will go into Hibernation before it goes flat. This should be done about four times on the trot. Then as above charge it and remove it put it back in about once a month and charge with computer off

woodchip 22:40 09 Aug 04

It says they are not charged when new but on my new Laptop it is charged and its never had the mains power on it from me

terryr48 22:48 09 Aug 04

Thanks to all for your advice-battery now about to reside in the cupboard for a while :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…