Laptop battery problems

paul_allard 15:32 24 Jun 08

I've noticed that recently my laptop battery loses its charge more quickly than before, sometimes dropping from 80% to 7% in a matter of minutes. Does this mean that it's time to get a new one ? I've had it since March 2005 but most of the time it's been used off the mains.

anchor 15:40 24 Jun 08

I am sorry to say that it certainly seems to be on its last legs. It is now more that 3 yrs old, which I suppose is not too bad for these batteries.

Did you remove the battery when using it on the mains?; that is often said to be the recommended method to prolong battery life.

paul_allard 16:53 24 Jun 08

No, I didn't remove the battery when using it off the mains. I'll do that from now on. When it comes to batteries, are they all similar or do I need to do lots of research before buying a new one ? Are they all compatible ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 24 Jun 08

Are they all the same?

No voltage differs Between laptops, you will need to by a battery pack to suit your laptop

wee eddie 18:09 24 Jun 08

I went for a cheaper option when it came time to replace the battery on my Advent.

It all works well "but" the fitting on the end of the battery, which is part of the Case, is a different colour and slightly different design.

It all fits and works well and having saved me about £60 I am not complaining. But if I were sartorially challenged, there would be a problem.

wee eddie 20:08 24 Jun 08

The cheaper option was a Third Party Supplier

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017