Laptop Battery and Power Supply

Bagsey 13:51 15 Feb 08

Can anyone give me an answer to this question.
My wife uses a laptop for her computer needs, but she has never used the battery with the result that the battery which has been in situ since new is now of no use. Is it ok to run the laptop from the external power source without the battery being in situ. I would hope that the possible new battery life would be extended by doing this so that if I decide to take the laptop on holiday there would still be life there to accept a charge.

woodchip 14:11 15 Feb 08

Yes I Have done it for a long time with a Medion Laptop From new. I Charged the battery to about 60% put in a Plastic bag the put that in fridge so it stay's charged longer.

PS battery appears as new after about 2.5 years

Bagsey 14:17 15 Feb 08

Thanks for that info. We are looking to update her laptop so will start as we mean to go on, and keep the battery in the fridge.

woodchip 16:13 15 Feb 08

PS not freezer. Also make sure it's in Plastic Bag

Bagsey 17:54 15 Feb 08

Ok,point taken. But the way my fridge is playing up at the moment its hard to tell the difference. :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…