Laptop Battery meter not working

namanhanda 15:33 14 Jul 14

I just replaced my Toshiba Satellite L500 's battery, and now the battery meter shows 100% charged within a few minutes and as soon as i disconnect the AC adapter the battery meter starts discharging and within minutes shows the alert to find a power source. But the laptop doesn't shut down for quite a while. Please help!!!

spuds 16:50 14 Jul 14

"I just replaced my Toshiba Satellite L500 's battery,"

What did you replace the battery with, a genuine replacement battery or from another source?.

Was the battery fully charged when you received it, because the charging cycle might be a problem?.

namanhanda 07:06 15 Jul 14

I replaced with a compatible battery not an original one. i don't know if the battery was fully charged or not as the battery meter is not working properly now.

BRYNIT 08:16 15 Jul 14

I purchased a compatible battery for laptop that had a similar problem until I charged and fully discharged the battery several times. Don't know if this was the correct way.

Have a read of CLICK HERE the part about "How to perform a calibration (full discharge)? it may help".

MrCraig 08:24 15 Jul 14

You should have checked the battery before purchasing it. I think you can ask for a replacement from the center where you buy it. Bring the receipt and tell them that the battery you just recently bought is not working well.

BillSers 09:22 15 Jul 14

I use Battery Bar to give a more accurate reading than the M$ one click here

alanrwood 09:51 15 Jul 14

Before doing anything perform the battery calibration as it resets the electronic circuitry in the battery that measures its remaining capacity. There is usually a facility for this in the Power options or the BIOS but can be performed manually as I assume is documented in the above link.

If it still does not work then either the battery is dead or the sensing circuits have gone AWOL so take it back.

namanhanda 09:19 16 Jul 14

Thanks guys. I just got the battery checked from the vendor and it was faulty. Got a new one, and its working perfectly fine.

namanhanda 09:19 16 Jul 14

Thanks guys. I just got the battery checked from the vendor and it was faulty. Got a new one, and its working perfectly fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced