laptop battery management in desktop mode

realist 18:12 18 Aug 05

If a laptop/notebook pc is used in desktop mode (ie mostly connected via mains charger/adaptor and rarely used as a mobile pc) is it still necessary to go through the rigmarole of completely discharging/recharging the battery every month?

I have looked at all the documentation but this specific query is not answered there.

Cheers

geewis357 18:26 18 Aug 05

I also have a laptop and I have been told when used lake you say it is best to remove the battery all together thus preserving the battery. Hope this helps

Completealias 18:26 18 Aug 05

Having just looked into this the general tips tend to be:

If you use your laptop plugged in most of the time then remove the battery.

Store the battery in a 2/3 full state of charge and you should still use the battery once a month or so and then recharge to keep it in the best condition.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:37 18 Aug 05

Laptop Batteries
click here
click here

realist 18:57 18 Aug 05

Thanks all for replies.
I'd already read those "help notes" fruitbat but they don't answer this specific question.
Must be someone else with a laptop plugged in all day like mine ( well actually it's my grandson's!).
I'd rather not take the battery out if can safely be avoided.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…