Laptop Battery lifetime?

Mark McC 23:08 20 Dec 06

Hello

I have had my laptop for about 1 year and the battery is only giving me 26mins and when i got it it was giving me 1.30mins could anyone tell me why the battery has worn out so quickly because according to notebook hardware control its 65% wore out

my laptop is a HP Pavillion ZD8290EA and does anyone know of a good dealer i could buy a new battery??

Thanks
Mark

P.S Shouldent a laptop battery last more than 1 year?

Technotiger 23:13 20 Dec 06
  Technotiger 23:18 20 Dec 06

And for the batteries ...

click here

canadaSub 00:25 21 Dec 06

Don't get your hopes up, just check out this link incase you can get yourself a free replacement before you buy one!

click here

It says laptops manufactured in Mar - Sep 2004 but you never know....

jz 20:28 24 Dec 06

noted

palinka 19:25 28 Dec 06

AS I wrote in another thread: My laptop (an Acer, now 3 years old)came with instructions that the battery should be fully charged and then run down (NOT connected to mains supply) a couple of times from new as this would be good for the battery. I have also followed the Acer instruction that I should NOT keep it plugged into the mains while the battery was inside as this caused trickle charging which is not good for the battery.
I fully charge my battery (ready for use on the rareish occasions that I need to use the laptop away from a mains supply); then I remove the battery and use mains supply only.
The life of my battery, when I need to use it, is still much as it was when the laptop was new (2-3hrs)
By contrast a friend who keeps battery inserted but runs on mains now finds his battery lasts only 10 mins! His is same age as mine, though it's a Compaq; but it seems to me to prove the point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…