Laptop Battery Charging problems

AL_R 13:37 07 Jun 04

I have a Compaq Presario 1200-122 laptop, that over the last two weeks has developed major charging problems, to the point where it currently won't charge at all.

The battery is 8 months old and was working fine until these problems started, so I don't think it's a battery problem.

Symptoms:
Initial problems were that the battery would only charge to about 55%. Now and again it would go up to 100%
Now it won't even charge at all.
I've had days when it won't start up at all (Even when plugged into the mains).
Another problem is it 'clicks' and all devices seem to be disabled, and sometimes my 100% charged battery is at 0%!! If it doesn't die immediately, the only thing to do is take the battery out (or wait for it to discharge naturally)

I've lost count of how many times I've calibrated the battery.

I've been informed that it could be a CPU PS problem.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Al

computernerdiamnot 14:02 07 Jun 04

probably either bad battery or bad charging board, which is unfortunately part of the motherboard. Try another battery, if it doesn't work then it is the charging board. click here

AL_R 21:44 27 Jul 04

It turned out to be the battery.

I had the PC checked out initially without any problems and then sent the battery back to the suppliers. A week later I had a replacement battery (as the original was only 8 months old) which is working great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac