laptop battery

g00ner 23:24 18 Feb 03

I have just bought a second hand laptop which has not been used for 6 months. The battery was sound when last used. Now the battery is completly dead and i cant get it to charge, or the laptop to recognise its there! Can i assume the battery is no good any more? Or does it need some sort of 'jump start' to get it charging again?

Belatucadrus 00:34 19 Feb 03

Sounds like a dead battery to me, try click here for a replacement.

anchor 09:05 19 Feb 03

Yes, I agree with Belatucadrus. I feel that it is dead.

I hope that you price you paid for the notebook refected this. Batteries are not cheap.

keith 09:21 19 Feb 03

From click here

"Put the battery in the coldest part of the deepfreeze for 24 hours. Bring back to room temperature and recharge as normal.
She says it works, and she won more money on the gee gees than my Grandfather-which made him furious.
No guarantees.
It could that with aging the crystalline structure inside the cell changes and freeze/thawing breaks down the crystals-returning them to their original state.
This is not a repair--once one cell is bust the whole battery pack must be renewed."

g00ner 10:37 19 Feb 03

I does seem the battery, is dead! I will try the freezer trick (nothing to loose), and will contact the guy I bought it from!!
Thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…