laptop battery

tnelis 19:04 21 Nov 07

I bought a laptop today...how do I recharge the battery please?...I know this sounds silly, but I need a step by step on how to do this.

Many thanks.

MCE2K5 19:10 21 Nov 07

Laptop. Socket, cable, Charger, 3 Pin Plug, Electricity Socket, Switch on Electricity, Leave several hours to charge.

SANTOS7 19:15 21 Nov 07

# Essential treatment of a new battery

Whether you have a new battery, or a totally brand new laptop system, the most important thing to do before normal usage is to fully charge the laptop battery to 100%, then deliberately discharge it completely. Then, charge it up again, and use your laptop normally. Why do this? Well, this method allows your battery to 'learn' how much electrical charge it can hold. Without this important treatment, you won't be getting the potential out of your battery's life span. Also, ensure that when you charge your battery, it reaches 100 percent.

While charging up a laptop battery doing it through a surge protector will go a long way to prolonging the life of it..

woodchip 19:19 21 Nov 07

Charge it in the Laptop while you use it. I then remove mine so it's not on constant charge, as this shortens it's life. Keep it at about 60% charge. Check it once in a while do not let the charge drop too low. I only put the Battery in If I am going out with Laptop. I just run it on Mains without Battery

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017