Laptop battery

no-name 14:52 22 Oct 04

I know that I should remove the battery when not in use, but if it's removed for a prolonged period (eg the laptop is connected to the mains for days/weeks) should the battery be left in a charged or discharged state?

woodchip 15:00 22 Oct 04

I have read up on this, for my new Laptop and found that the Battery should be at about 40% charge then put it in a plastic bag and store in the fridge not freezer. That’s where my battery is. as will only use this Holiday times

Diodorus Siculus 15:02 22 Oct 04

Does it depend on the type of battery?

no-name 15:04 22 Oct 04

woodchip thanks, but that sounds dodgy - in this house it's likely to end up in the deep fat fryer :-)

JonnyTub 15:05 22 Oct 04

Take all the advice you can get for battery maintenance, mine is 1 year old and won't last longer than 1 min on battery, defeats the purpose of having a laptop. My wifes fault by the way, it only become my laptop when the battery wouldn't charge because she would have it plugged in with the battery all the time, recharging the battery when it still had a good 50% charge left, etc.

no-name 15:08 22 Oct 04

Diodorus Siculus mine's a lithium ion battery.

woodchip 15:19 22 Oct 04

click here

click here

click here

click here at the bottom of this page

Different views click here

on this page Refrigeration is recommended but freezers should be avoided. When refrigerated, the battery should be placed in a plastic bag to protect against condensation
click here

no-name 16:06 22 Oct 04

woodchip thanks for those links, especially those advising against completely draining the battery before recharging - I've been guilty of that already :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…