Laptop battery

porci 13:52 03 Nov 03

Apologies if this comes through again, but I cant see my first posting....PLEASE HELP

I have a 390TP and circuitry in the battery has failed. I need to get another battery. According to IBM there is no issue whether I get the Li Ion battery(02K6520 - 10.8v) or the Ni MH(02K6521 - 9.6v)as the machine manages the required voltage at a level less than those mentioned above.
Firstly, can both these batteries be used and if so is it true that the Ni MH is more stable? Secondly where would I be able to find a reputable dealer in the UK for a OEM battery?

nickhick 16:52 03 Nov 03

Porci.

I got a replacement, or additional Li-Ion battery, for my old Compaq Armada laptop from PSA, the website for which, I believe to be, click here . Whether they have what you want is another thing.

pj123 17:15 03 Nov 03

Yes, your other posting is there. Will post my response here as well. Try this site click here

porci 04:58 04 Nov 03

Great thx for the links guys, but any idea about the type of battery?

anchor 08:47 04 Nov 03

Personally, I have found Li-Ion batteries better than NiMh. They certainly seem to have a longer usable life, not to mention lack of memory effect.

I am yet to be completely convinced that NiMh are really free from this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…