laptop batt icon

kakasnarta 19:23 03 May 06

hi...i know this subject has been disscussed before...checked search...got same prob as others have had....and a couple have the same prob the normal solution dosnt work...ie go to taskbar right click...properties.....customise....click always show...etc tryed this still no icon very strange!!!!!.any ideas ...thanks

01chris 19:31 03 May 06

go to control panel, double click power options, click advanced tab, tick the "always show icon on the taskbar box".

kakasnarta 19:38 03 May 06

tryed that one ...box ticked ..still no show...from what i`ve read it might be something to do with start up and various progs trying to load at same time messing up icons...ahhh well not thats it that important...if i`m running on mains will just have to set power alarm to beep a little earlier if running on batts...thanks for trying anyway.

woodchip 20:36 03 May 06

From another Forum.

Problem solved.

I tried uninstalling all the battery and power supply drivers and rebooting the laptop (I should have thought of this before). This restored the missing tabs to the power options applet. A bit of further logging out and in and playing with the icon settings eventually produced the battery icon in the tray.

kakasnarta 19:28 04 May 06

just an update on this prob.......sorted it....the culprit adobe elements 4.....this was the last program installed before prob...so tryed uninstall...hey presto batt icon started appering again along with a couple of others i had`nt noticed missing ...whats causing this i dunno maybe have to contact adobe.....so anyone else got missing icons and you have adobe...hats your culprit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…