Laptop appears to have stopped whilst installing updates

Barmoor's Kid Sister 10:12 AM 13 Apr 12
Answered

When I went to turn computer off last night it went into installing updates - it has got to 5 of 8 and has not progressed since last night - it wont let me power down - any suggestions welcome

onthelimit1 11:13 AM 13 Apr 12

You can power off by holding down the power button. try rebooting afterwards and see what happens then.

birdface 11:14 AM 13 Apr 12

If it is set to close down when you close the lid do that.If not looks like you will have to hold the start button down till it switches off.

Barmoor's Kid Sister 11:28 AM 13 Apr 12

The Laptop will not power down no matter how long I hold the start button down - I have now disconnected power and am waiting for battery to run down Any other ideas welcome

onthelimit1 11:35 AM 13 Apr 12
Answer

Just remove the battery, then replace it.

iscanut2 11:57 AM 13 Apr 12

Are you holding down the start button on the laptop rather than the Windows start icon ? May be a silly question but might be the case !

Barmoor's Kid Sister 17:29 PM 13 Apr 12

Complete Power down and as it resumed windows turned it off using laptop start button - did that three times and it eventually started windows correctly, i then restarted and it completed all updates within 3 mins. Thankyou all for your support today

Barmoor's Kid Sister

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…