laptop is alive!

palinka 13:35 21 Aug 05

see click here

The dead screen is OK again.
I looked through the pca archives ("Laptop screens") and found a suggestion that removing the battery then putting it back might help.
It did! Screen is now back to normal! Can't remember who contributed that suggestion ( and it was probably over a year ago) but THANK YOU!

Taff36 13:42 21 Aug 05

Glad to hear it! Your turn now - My Compaq Evo N1015 screen was completely blank this morning. I couldn`t believe it after posting to your problem last night. Can you give me the link to the post you mentioned above please!

palinka 14:38 21 Aug 05

oops, sorry Taff36 , honest answer is No!

I typed "laptop screen" into the search box in this forum and 52 threads came up.
The only things I recorded were web pages for spares, manuals, etc. ' cos I thought that was my next move. And then I came across the suggestion that removing the battery and putting it back sometimes works - and it did.

woodchip 14:52 21 Aug 05

Corrupt MBR problem does what you got

Taff36 15:11 21 Aug 05

Woodchip - Thanks - Remember what I went through last weekend? Only just recovered from that! I`ll try replacing the MBR after I`ve backed up.

Taff36 15:14 21 Aug 05

I rebooted the laptop and played with Fn+F4 as I told you last night. The screen came on again. I must have checked it on my laptop before I posted. There are three toggles. Laptop only, Laptop + Monitor and Monitor Only. I must have been on the latter.

palinka 15:47 21 Aug 05

thanks fro that Taff36. I'll note it for future reference - and hope I don't need it (if you see what I mean!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…