Laptop Advise

rogertjj 14:38 19 Feb 04

Hi All

My brother want to buy a new Laptop, and he wants to be able to use wireless broadband. Now, I know nothing about wireless broadband, so was wondering if any of you very helpfull people had any idea how to go about this. At the moment, he doesnt have a broadband ISP, but that is easily sorted. Does he just need to buy a wireless adaptor and a wireless ADSL modem like click here or click here. Does the laptop need to meet any minimum specs ?

johnnyrocker 14:49 19 Feb 04

click here or click here should sort you out.

rogertjj 15:21 19 Feb 04

Thanks Johnny.

So, if he buys a laptop, he can then buy a wireless adaptor, and an ADSL Gatemway. Then presumably, he needs to get a broadband ISP, plug everything in and hey presto ? Sounds fairly easy, presuming I am correct !!

JerryJay 15:22 19 Feb 04

Some Laptops already have Wireless build-in, you do not need to buy separate wireless card. Anything with Intel ® Centrino ® has wireless buildin. As for ADSL wireless modem, the one you selected will do, but you can find cheaper ones, look click here to get some idea. Even you do not buy from there, you will know what is likely bottom price.

JerryJay 15:25 19 Feb 04

You just need one of those
click here

click here

rogertjj 16:00 19 Feb 04

thanks all for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…