Laptop Advice - Time Ultima Notebook

TheHound 16:15 23 Jan 03
  TheHound 16:15 23 Jan 03

Anyone know if the Time Ultima Notebook - P4 2.66 GHz is any good?

I'm seroiusly thinking about getting this laptop but the only thing that puts me off is that it isn't a mobile Processor. Do you think this matters?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Dave

crimbo 16:24 23 Jan 03

It depends if you are going to run the notebook on batteries a lot; desktop cpu's take more power, therefore will drain batteries more quickly. The other thing is they need a good through flow of air, bear this in mind if you use it on your lap, sofa or in bed. Ensure you don't block the vents. A good spec though.

TheHound 16:35 23 Jan 03

I will be using it more from the mains than batteries as it will be replacing my PC - will keep the air flow in mind.

Cheers mate

Dave

powerless 16:56 23 Jan 03

Time Notebooks/Laptops whatever books do not come with a floppy drive.

AndySD 17:01 23 Jan 03

Neither do they come with the full XP cd just a restore disk.

TheHound 17:29 23 Jan 03

Yeah you're right they don't come with either, you have to pay £50 for a recovery CD which is a bit crap but not really bothered about floppy to be honest - will just buy seperate one.

Anyone know of any other good Laptop deals going at the moment? Have a budget of around £1600

AndySD 17:47 23 Jan 03

click here prices are lower click here

TheHound 18:14 23 Jan 03

I was originally looking at getting an AJP but i've been put off by a few Horror stories i've heard about their quality. Shame, coz they have a great spec.

Weescottie 11:59 25 Jan 03

My sister has a ibm thinkoad type 2625 i know it`s old but she is looking for a phone card for it can anybody help

Weescottie 12:02 25 Jan 03

My sister has an ibm thinkpad type 2625 i know it`s old but she is looking for a phone card for it can anybody help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…