Laptop Advice Needed Please

imindoors 17:48 25 Jan 03

I have a "Tiny Mediabook" Laptop, 2years old,

Intel III Processor - 700MHz - 256MB SD RAM - 12GB Hard Drive - AGP Graphics - 2x USB Ports - CardBus Slots (2 Type II or 1 Type III cards.) - DVD/CD Rom Drive - 3.5 Floppy Drive.

I understand that allmost Laptops are Rebadged and Now that Tiny have gone out of business. Was wondering if anyone has any idea of a comparable model/maker to these Specs.

My Problem is that the CardBus slots have stopped recognising the cards. I cannot tell if it's the cardBus carrier or the machine thats at fault.

Everything else is still running perfectly. I would be most gratefull for any advice or names and Address's of repairers in the London South East/Essex area.

Thank you.

Imindoors.

imindoors 18:38 25 Jan 03

Bump again

imindoors 20:36 25 Jan 03

I should have known better than to post on a Saturday night.

Stillo need advice though PLEASE

Magik™ 20:42 25 Jan 03

can you not get hold of another card to try. the way things are these days the cost of repair could be high........

imindoors 03:00 26 Jan 03

That would be ideal Magik™.

But none of my close friends even own a computer.

I realize that repairs are going to be expensive But have rather got attached to the beast. Has given me not one ounce of trouble since iv'e had it. Even when i put XP Home over the top of ME.

Tempting the fates NOW LOL

imindoors 15:53 26 Jan 03

Still Need Advise PLEASE.

Anything will do.

Desperation Setting In

wee eddie 16:08 26 Jan 03

Ours (in Ayr. Scotland) has several although few are cheap (even the crap ones). Chat to a few as it appears that none here has much to help you.

Try Computerworld, ex Time, who bought the end of Tiny.

Others will probably howl me down but the PC World £30.00 inspection is a possibility as well

imindoors 17:05 26 Jan 03

Anyone know of any comparable makes or systems to the Specs at the begining of this thread?

wee eddie.
Surprised to hear do inspections on laptops except on there own makes. Will take your advice though Re local paper if the worst coms to the worse.

Running out of time though BackUps or on discs that use the Cardreader and I need them for Monday.

Thanks Anyway

Imindoors

imindoors 19:05 26 Jan 03

Attempt at Resolving this Problem

Hopefully

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…