laptop advice

freetalk 02:53 21 Feb 07

hi
from amongst the acer aspire laptop,which is the better 17" model,and i am open to other suggestions

frankie 20:25 22 Feb 07

hi i had acer aspire 3690.pathetic battery life,after much hassle between acer and comet,changed to 5630 better battery life,my tip for you is think twice about acer as there customer support in my opinion was real bad,and to make sure the laptop you buy as a minimum has the 4800mah battery,i think the laptop is good although i only have the 15.4 screen,but battery life is poor,my one has the 4000mah,and only get 1.50 mins on full power,had to get trading standards involved in the end,so would think if the 15.4 inch screen struggles i dread to think how long batt will last on bigger screen,so look into it,ideally on web from reviews and not the salesmen as they will quote from manual which in my case was wrong.do let us know how you get on...

freetalk 23:32 23 Feb 07

after reading about acers customer service in this forum and others it seems most are not happy about the poor service they have recieved,there were only very few happy customers,
now i ave been put off by acer,would welcome any other recomandation for desktop replacement

woodchip 23:43 23 Feb 07

What do you want a Laptop For? is it for work out on the Road? if not I would strongly recomend you get a Desktop Computer with a TFT screen to save desk space.

woodchip 23:55 23 Feb 07

If a Laptop goes wrong they are expensive to fix and Not very up-gradable. But hear's some click here

freetalk 20:04 25 Feb 07

am having seconds thought about the laptop
as woodchip has mentioned if they go wrong it can be very expnsive to repair
am going to close this thread
ty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…