Laptop advice

smalllugs 07:11 25 Nov 05

Hi all just wanted some advice on buying a laptop. I need to buy one as a xmas present and idealy spend around £600. This is for a young child so i wanted one that would be able to play games if possible like the sims 2 and ideally one with a dedicated graphics card.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Regards Gary

rmcqua 09:36 25 Nov 05

Huge variety available !!!
You could try one of these - they look really good value for money.

click here

jack 10:21 25 Nov 05

Loook at all the Adverts and Reviews.
The only reservation I can imagine is that £600 wont get you a games capable machine from what these forums suggest.
Not being a 'gamer' my self- but massive graphics and memory spec seem to be the order of the day for gaming.

ade.h 14:29 25 Nov 05

If you are lucky enough to find a £600 notebook that runs games (let's be honest, you probably won't) make sure you don't get a widescreen format. Lovely though they are for most uses (I use a 15.4" and it's great for everyday applications), I'm told that many games can't reshape their images to suit the unusual ratio; they will stretch instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…