Laptop with additonal monitor - Games on Monitor?

Border View 17:28 11 Dec 10

I have an Acer laptop and for a while have had a downloaded version of "Call of Atlantis".

I have just installed a new 22" wide screen monitor linked to the laptop and would like to play Atlantis on the monitor, but it insists opening on the laptop screen and I cannot find a way of getting it over onto the new monitor.

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to get the game over onto the new monitor and if so how?

Thank you.

GaT7 18:59 11 Dec 10

If you're using WinXP, right-click on the desktop > select Properties > Settings tab & set the monitor as the 1st (or primary) display. If Vista/Win7, this should be relevant click here.

Also see if this is any help click here. Your laptop manual may also contain the relevant info / keys to press. G

Border View 10:23 12 Dec 10

Many thanks for responding Crossbow7. Did as you suggested via properties>settings but when I did that the external monitor went blank and then a message "no signal detected".

Had a look at the article about cosmos but I'm not brave enough to venture there. Shall just stick with Atlantis on the small screen.

Regards - Borderview

Taff™ 11:42 12 Dec 10

On my Acers the Function Key (Bottom Left of keyboard marked "Fn") and the F5 key will toggle the monitor and laptop display between Screen / Monitor / Screen & Monitor.

Hold the Fn key and tap the F5 key once and wait 10 seconds - repeat as necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…