Laptop Abroad

Bomberboy1943 17:31 02 May 07

I am taking my laptop to Tenerife in september will i still be able to run it out there on their power supply with the apropriate Plug adaptor

EARLR 17:32 02 May 07

Yes

Totally-braindead 17:35 02 May 07

Its worth double checking to be sure but as far as I know all laptops sold in the last 5 years or so will work on 110v to 240v.
See what it says on your power supply or give the make and model number so that we can check the manufacturers website, or look at the manual.

rodriguez 17:50 02 May 07

Tenerife uses 220v (10 less than us) and a regular European 2-pin power outlet. The outlets vary though, you can have either type C (Spanish), type E (French) or type L (Italian). However a standard 2-pin European adapter should fit in all three of these, and this will convert it to a UK 3-pin socket that you can plug your laptop lead into.

rodriguez 17:52 02 May 07

Also the 10 volt difference won't affect any UK electrical equipment as it's not a big enough difference to cause a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…