LAPTOP

imstuck 19:34 01 Apr 08

HI MY mrs was given a laptop from work to keep but there seems to be some sort of work lock on it preventing us connecting to our home internet

thanks

Clapton is God 19:48 01 Apr 08

Has your "mrs" bothered to ask anybody at her workplace about the problem?

skidzy 19:48 01 Apr 08

If your network is secure you will need the encryption key,possibly WEP/WPA/WPA2 etc.....

imstuck 20:01 01 Apr 08

hi my mrs workplace closed down

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:04 01 Apr 08

What operating system?

If XP do you have the disks?

Is there a windows number on the machine?

imstuck 20:31 01 Apr 08

thanks for the reply's-FRUITBAT- it is xp pro version 2002 service pack 2 .On the 'systems properties, under registered it has the work place of where my mrs worked, with a long number.also under support info says citrix enterprise edition . underneath 5the laptop there are a few numbers ie product key,service code etc

Strawballs 22:22 01 Apr 08

It is the product key that you need, if you have the windows disk or if you can borrow a XP Pro disc you can format and fresh install windows, the only problem that you might have is if they put a password on the bios so you can't set to boot from disc first.

woodchip 22:25 01 Apr 08

If you are trying to connect wireless as above you need the encryption key from the router, to load in the laptop network settings

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:38 01 Apr 08

Yes it will be full of IT security scripts, to tie it down to prevent workers from doing much with it.

Best bet is to format and reinstall Windows Pro using the product key on the underside of the machine.

Can understand if you don't want to do if it has legit version of office etc. installed.

Switcher 23:08 01 Apr 08

you may have to configure your router to accept the laptop mac address.

imstuck 13:03 02 Apr 08

ok thanks every one-yes i was trying to avoid losing legit copy of windows-but thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…