Laptop

Les 21:06 16 May 04

Hi - it's me again. My neighbour who, at this moment is very despondent, his laptop is acting up. I had just put several workbooks of an Excel program on it and it was ready for him to test. On Friday it was Ok when I finished with it - it shut down in the normal manner. Now, when he switched on, it lit up and that's all it did. When I say lit up I mean that three green LED's and one flashing orange one lit up - not the screen. It has shown no signs of booting up at all - just the lights. The computer is a second hand Compaq EVO 610C - anyone have ideas on possible causes? As there are no means of switching it off I thought of removing the battery - however, as there is no manual with this computer I haven't a clue.

Help!

Les

Totally-braindead 21:17 16 May 04

Why not try the manual first click here and see if this helps

Les 22:37 16 May 04

Thanks for the link. I have down loaded the Getting Started PDF and am glad to report that the computer is now working again.

My neighbour is gald of that - and so am I as I was the last to use it!!

Panic over..........

Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…