john1000 22:13 22 Dec 03

i have a laptop i bought from pc world it has still got 6 months manufactures warrantty on it and i paid an extra 299 pond for a extended problem is one of my usb ports have been accidently damaged and it needs another motherboard fitted.pc world says this is covered and they will pick it up and fit a refurbished board "SECOND HAND OF COURSE"I was not happy with this at all and would rather let them pay for a pcmai card with 4 ports to slot in the side of my laptop cost 40 pound they refused and said it had to be a board.cost to replace board approx 600 pound usb card 40 pound they must be mad the main question i would like to ask is if they did fit a refurbished mother board would my manufactures warranty then become void i dont think fujitsu would be happy with this if it would be void what do you think they would do i am quite happy with a card but they wont pay for it help much appreciated

hugh-265156 22:25 22 Dec 03

pc world say:

"Replacement product if your PC or laptop can’t be fixed:

If your product can’t be fixed, or it takes longer than 6 weeks to repair, you may request a replacement PC or laptop.
The replacement may be a fully refurbished product, or in the form of vouchers to purchase a new product of at least the equivalent specification.
If your product is replaced, your PC Performance Service Agreement ends and you will receive vouchers for the remaining value. You can use these vouchers when you next buy PC Performance."

john1000 22:45 22 Dec 03

if they fit q refurbiosjhed board does that void my manufactures warranty

hugh-265156 23:40 22 Dec 03

to be honest i dont know.

if you have some time left on the manufacturers warranty then i would go to them first for replacement or repair.

after the year is up then i would use pc performance for its your only option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…