laptop on 12 volt

chass 11:16 28 Dec 10

Hi, thanks to all who gave advise, I have now bought a Toshiba laptop and started looking for a wi-fi router,any advise? it's like a mine field out there. thanks Happy new year Chass

tullie 11:41 28 Dec 10

Cant you use the one you are using now?

robin_x 12:14 28 Dec 10

Phone your ISP, assuming you are a valued customer.

I got a new laptop last year, Windows 7. My modem was not compatible. XP only.

Phoned AOL and got thru' to Ireland not India.
A very nice woman basically said "To be sure, I'll pop you a wireless router in the post"

And Lo! So it happened. Free of charge.

Printer was a different matter. I had to go to Argos for one of those.

bremner 12:28 28 Dec 10

Your thread title suggests you may be wanting to run a router from a 12v supply

If this is correct then you get a normal router and run it from an inverter click here

chass 12:35 28 Dec 10

Hi, Tullie and Robinofloxley thanks for quick response , I forgot to say that my comp. is connected to virgin, and what is an ISP and AOL? you may have guessed I am a pc.novice Chass

chass 12:39 28 Dec 10

Hi, bremner, no I shall be running it at home on 240v have a dongle to use in the caravan when we are away Chass

bremner 12:39 28 Dec 10

Virgin is your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and they will supply you with a router.

Why have you mentioned 12v ?

chass 12:43 28 Dec 10

Hi, bremner you asked if it was on 12v have also been in touch with virgin like you suggested they want £50/60 a lot of cash ,chass

bremner 12:45 28 Dec 10

They have clearly changed because when I was with them they supplied mine for free. Perhaps it depends on which package you have.

Are you on their Cable or telephone line broadband

woodchip 12:51 28 Dec 10

TalkTalk do not charge for Router, but you need to check that you can get unbundled as it will cost a lot if not. If you are out in the sticks it will cost

woodchip 12:54 28 Dec 10

No Idea if the charge for Connection, Why not try the Broad Band Add on Front Page of PCA on the right of the Page click here TalkTalk is Free Connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…