laptap

1973scotty 14:16 06 Oct 05

if i bought a new laptop would it be possibe for me to add mor ram to it in the future & other uprgrades. not sure if i could do this i know if this was possible my warinty would be scaped. please can some1 advise me if i can uprgrade a laptap.

Chegs ® 14:22 06 Oct 05

You can usually increase the RAM in a laptop(different models have differing abilitys of upgrading)quite easily.Not many laptops can have their graphics ability upgraded,the graphics are handled by onboard chips and share RAM with rest of laptop.

Methedrine 14:23 06 Oct 05

You can upgrade the RAM, no problem. The trick is in knowing the correct way of getting inside the laptop. Unless, of course, your laptop has direct access on the underside of it to get to the RAM modules.

Taff36 14:25 06 Oct 05

In general upgrading laptops with more RAM or a larger Hard Disk is a DIY job and no manufacturer is likely to claim this would invalidate the Warranty. Both components are usually accessible from the underside of the laptop concealed beneath a plastic panel secured by a couple of screws. Check when you buy the laptop where these are.

Any other upgrades are more difficult because you need to buy manufacturer specific parts so CPU`s are best left to a professional because the entire unit would have to be opened up. Not as easy as an ordinary PC box.

1973scotty 14:26 06 Oct 05

could i upgrade the hardrive aswell as saw i could increase the harddrive on a creative mp3 player. if ican do this is it a simple job once i have tqaken the the case to bit to get into the motherboard.

Taff36 14:40 06 Oct 05

As I said before. The Hard Drive is usually very accessible. Check before you buy. I have just ordered a new HDD for a Compaq Laptop - they are pretty standard 2.5 inch drives. To access mine I undo one screw, slide off the panel. Remove the drive from a chassis (4 Screws) and swap the drive. Five minutes maximum.

Taff36 14:44 06 Oct 05

click here For a simple example of mine. Select the component and you`ll see it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…