Laptaop WiFi Hot Spot Setup

astro1989 16:58 PM 22 Oct 12

Can a Laptop be used to setup a WiFi hot spot when it is connected to the internet via a wireless "Cricket USB Broadband Stick". I want to be able to access the internet with my Kindle Fire and IPhone without having to pay Wifi Charges for each device. Thanks

northumbria61 19:05 PM 22 Oct 12
  D@ve 20:36 PM 22 Oct 12

Let's see if I've understood this right?

You've got a laptop with its own internet connection (USB modem?). You do not have a wireless router.

You want to connect your iphone and kindle to your laptop using WiFi, then piggy back off its internet connection?

If that's right then yes, this should be possible. You need to set up an ad-hoc network on your laptop, and then set your internet connection as shared.

woodchip 21:50 PM 22 Oct 12

Hot Spots are like when you want WiFi for free or pay. McDonalds is free WiFi when you turn your laptop on it will see the Hot Spot to connect to and you just sign in

retep888™ 00:28 AM 23 Oct 12

You'll need Reverse Tether.

click here for iPhone Reverse Tether.

click here for android Reverse Tether

click here for kindle Reverse Tether

HenryF75 08:31 AM 23 Oct 12

Connectify This should give you what you want if you are on Win 7

astro1989 13:18 PM 26 Oct 12

Thanks to all responders. I tried Connectify Pro and it works perfectly... Great answers...great forum

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…