lappy nicked formated notworking

burnleyshopmobility 14:55 PM 07 Jul 11

hi all my laptop and other stuff was take from my home i got my lappy back but the person! who took it re formated it so i have lost my window xp disc i still have the codes for windows xp can i download xp for free from anywere hope u can help david

chub_tor 15:17 PM 07 Jul 11

If you can borrow an XP disc you can use the code on your laptop to re-intall it.

burnleyshopmobility 18:08 PM 07 Jul 11

i tried to borrow two but both wrer copys i will have to keep looking as i need this for a charty i work for thank for teying to help david

gengiscant 07:36 AM 08 Jul 11

It should not matter that the XP disks were copies only that they were the same as yours, ie home or pro or oem. If the XP came with the laptop it will likely be oem. Do you have a sticker on the bottom of your laptop, this will tell you what version of XP you have. Once you know what version you have we can see about getting you a copy.

finerty 18:55 PM 09 Jul 11

place disc in disc drive look at screen follow instructions, did you also have a drivers disc, you will have to use that after you have installed xp

Devil Fish 01:38 AM 15 Jul 11

their are several places you could download xp from but it would be far better if you could borrow a disk from a trusted source as downloads you never know what extra;s you are getting in the form of virus and malware

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED