Lap top wifi connection problem

jerica 10 Sep 12

Hi, good one for you all. My grandaugther has just been bought a laptop for her birthday and while she was at our house we connected it to our wifi by entering the number and letter code and she got straight in. When she got home she tried to enter the number and letter code for the wifi at her house and while it would let her enter the numbers it will not let her enter the letters. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks for any help.

woodchip 10 Sep 12

Her Wireless may not be turned on in the Router. Does it work ok with Ethernet wire connection?

jerica 10 Sep 12

Not sure, I will find out, thanks.

onthelimit1 10 Sep 12

If still no joy, make and model of router will help with further suggestions.

jerica 12 Sep 12

Hi again, still no joy, tried to connect my phone and it connected straight away so it must be the laptop but as I said it connects elsewhere so I do not understand what is happening. The router is from Talk Talk and has the number DSL2608BTTS A1E written on it. Is that helpful?

tullie 12 Sep 12

Once again,have you tried connecting wired?If so,have you turned on the wireless on laptop?

jerica 18 Sep 12

Still no joy, it's very strange that it will work elsewhere but not at home, other wireless equipment works well there but not this laptop.

Ventad 18 Sep 12

Has somebody gone into the router in the setup and accidentley refused permission for the laptop to join the network.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message