Lap top shuts down whilst on net

Mr Jarndyce 09:51 03 Jan 06

I was not able to get any more info this time but next time I speak with her I will ask further it’s just that her laptop which is just 5 months old and which is running XP seems to unexpectedly just down when she is on the net it does not auto restart after it has shut down. She has done a system restore and the same problem recurs… she has done av and spyware scans in safe mode and with sis. Restore off. Sometimes she can be on the net for less than an hr and it shuts down or she can be on the net fine for 3 hrs and then it shuts down. It only shuts down when she is on the net so surely would this would rule out a ‘heat’ thing
What other steps could she try? Perhaps I could ask her to make sure she has the latest windows updates and perhaps try an online spyware scan. Thank you for your time.

SG Atlantis® 09:55 03 Jan 06

Yes asking her to do online scans is a good idea.

click here

click here

there's 2 to try. Now ask her nicely!

;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…