Lap-top keeps crashing

Eveiwunda7 22:33 02 Jun 09

Then I get a blue screen, wish I dont really understand, I use Kaspersky internet security system and own an acer 5100. I have been installing/ uninstalling programs as suggested by windows web-site, a free registry fix down-load made things worse, and other such programmes that cause the system to run two fire-walls which seem to flick back after a certain time of being adjusted. I tried updating drivers which were reporting as being healthy. What should I do?

phono 22:57 02 Jun 09

"Then I get a blue screen, wish I dont really understand"

What exactly does the blue screen say? Have you installed any new software on the laptop recently?

What version of Windows do you have and have you considered, or tried, carrying out a system restore to a time previous to this error starting?

mooly 06:57 03 Jun 09

Might be worth running Acer ERecovery program (back up all personal files to a flash drive first) and start again. Sounds like you have multiple problems. The user manual, a pdf under "acer" in the start menu tells you how.
Run one security program, and unless you have a very specific problem don't try installing different drivers etc, and unless you are sure what you are doing, let Windows look after itself Sounds like you have altered the registry which means no end of problems.

Eveiwunda7 09:22 04 Jun 09

using windows XP, was thinking of trying the system restore function, then I was told it might make things worse. Confused!

mooly 12:03 04 Jun 09

System restore may or may not work ! But it's reversible. You can always come back to "todays" point if needs be.
You have to try something. If it were me and given that you have altered the registry I would definitely do a factory restore to bring it all back to as new and start again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…