lap top keeps crashing

ole1999 11:05 26 Dec 08

Hello

I have a MSI windows vista laptop, the last few days after a couple of hours it just crashes and switches off completely.

It will only then start up if i use it from the battery and unplug the mains adaptor, i can then use it from the mains and its showing that it is charging and working from the mains etc, after a few hours it just crashes again.

I have had this for about a yr with no problems, just the last few days its been doing this.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:51 26 Dec 08

after a couple of hours it just crashes and switches off completely.

Usually a sign of overheating, check that all vents are clear and can you hear the fans running?

Pineman100 12:07 26 Dec 08

If you've tried the solution suggested by Fruit Bat /\0/\ (which sounds quite likely to be the correct one), but haven't solved the problem, then have a think about this.

I'm assuming that the problems arise when your computer is plugged into the mains, but has the battery detached. Is that right?

If so, then is it possible that your mains supply has some weak point in it? I should check all the plugs and sockets along its length, from the wall socket to the transformer plugs (if it has them) to the point where it plugs into the computer.

If those all seem OK, you might also want to check the output from the transformer, to see whether it's dodgy. You'll need a meter for this.

I suppose it's also possible that the mains port in the computer has suffered some damage and may be showing an intermittent fault internally.

ole1999 12:31 26 Dec 08

will try your suggestions thank you, i can hear the fan by the way.

Appreciate ur quick replies, thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017