lap top hassle

tom0123 16:30 07 Sep 03

I have a Toshiba 510cdt and at the present I
am told that the hard drive is full.
I have cleared out the usual
In the drive properties it shows full and the capacity is displayed as 0 bytes.
I have tried loading diagnostic tools but they will not load,because the disk is full.
It is running on Win 98 and has a Pentium 1.

I should also point out that this machine has been used frequently on the internet without any virus software.

VoG II 17:40 07 Sep 03

The obvious thing, then, is to try an on-line scan (if these work without downloading anything of course)

click here

click here

keith-236785 18:36 07 Sep 03

have you tried to do a scandisk, open my computer/right click on drive C:/select properties/click the tools tab at the top/then scandisk (error checking on XP), whilst there also defragment your drive, this could help.

ps the online checker i use is click here, but they all work.

good luck

Belatucadrus 20:25 07 Sep 03

Surfing without AV software is decidedly risky, if you've got problems with drive capacity try Antivir from click here it's not the best, but at 3.76Mb it is quite compact so doesn't take up too much of your 2.1Gb, free too.

Not that this helps with your current problem , but worth thinking about when you're up and running again.

click here may be of interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…