Lap top getting online not using Broadband

night 14:47 20 Aug 08

Have a new Lap top and wish to use the Internet but not using broadband how does one find the net work using just dial up ? at present using Bt for phone, till end of contract.

Technotiger 15:07 20 Aug 08

If you are using the laptop to put this question, then you are already on the Internet.

Or, if you already have a dial-up connection, just open Internet Explorer.

night 16:02 20 Aug 08

Many thanks Technotiger, I am on Broadband and the lapp top belongs to a friend who needs to get online only not using Broadband hope you understand, but thanks for your reply .

Technotiger 16:13 20 Aug 08

I have just noticed you have another thread running on this same subject - please mark this thread as Resolved with the Green tick, and then stick to your original thread until resolved.

Diemmess 18:04 20 Aug 08

Your friend with his laptop is doing himself no favours by insisting on staying with dial-up.

I may be wrong but have this feeling that modest BBand without frills can cost less than persisting with dial-up.

It may depend on what age and facility the laptop has.
For instance a newish one will already have LAN connections, but no dial-up modem any more, in which case there is no reason to revert to the technology of a decade ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…