lap-top freezing running Stinger

end 16:26 20 Nov 04

please see this threadclick here

for lap top specs etc

lap top still freezzing running stinger;( and no , sorely tempted though I am to chuck in my deep freeze for ...)

stops at Explorer ExE
only way to "get it back" is to literally disconnect the battery;( am "getting good" at that now!!)
tried ctrl/alt/del with absolutley zilch effect; the Task Manager thingi would not open ;kept moving the mouse around to try and stop the freeze happening but :((

the mouse freezes ands zilch happens apart from me getting a tad cross and angry with the thing//

am wondering if stinger has something on it that my lappy hates::)) or that is set in the thing to bug and infuriate ME..!!??

can anyone suggest anything ( a new head for me perhaps given my "present circumstances"); and an open window upstairs out of which to throw the thing and maybe myself on standby for the boomerang to come back.::(((

ACOLYTE 16:44 20 Nov 04

Are you running it in safe mode wif system restore off,have you set the files to scan in the stinger options,also stinger is a stand alone scanner have you tried with your virus program.

end 17:06 20 Nov 04

running it in "normal" mode;have not a clue about "system restore" switching on (OR off!!) ;
have AGV on here, how do I get stinger to run with it, and how in "safe mode"?

BUT;;;why does it only affect lappy and not tower; tower has Norton at present..??is there a "conflict " between AGV and stinger?

VoG II 17:10 20 Nov 04

There shouldn't be a conflict between Stinger and AVG.

To start in Safe Mode click here

You are running Windows 98 so you do not have System Restore.

end 17:18 20 Nov 04

will have a bash while throwing it out the window closely followed by...

it is annoying and agravating me:(

stalion 17:29 20 Nov 04

if throwing computer out of upstairs window make sure you throw it high so that you have time to run down stairs to catch it
Regards

end 17:42 20 Nov 04

"with what do I catch it, dear Liza, dear Liza...."

end 13:50 21 Nov 04

well; I threw it into safe mode after a huge disagreement with the Management; then managed to run stinger after finding it lost in downloads ::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…