Lap Top Crashing????

rossol 16:04 23 Jul 05

i have a lap top NovaTech Matrix 335 Pro 2.8GHz intel celeron D 330 ,using XP Home.
I found the laptop crashing, just going off, no warning and after 1 min or 2 i switch it on fine some times it goes after a minute of fully loading and some times after 2 full days on.i do not think that it over heating cause i leave it off over night and it still crashes.
tried system restore but it will not let me restore to a earlier time
i have norton anti-virus ,spybot seek & DESTROY,AD-WARE SE EDITION
i use 30 gb of a 40 gb hard drive so i do not think it working to hard.
any ideas please

BEN MARSHALL 16:37 23 Jul 05

1)Start up the machine log in...
go Start > Run > type "msconfig" > select Diagnostic start up see screen shot click here Apply > OK > Message "Windows needs to restart to complete configuration Yes No" select Yes.

When windows XP Boots it should be in safe mode run a virus scan using Norton, and Spy bot S&D + whatever else you have anti virus and spy ware wise if the result is virus free then i suggest the only choice you have is to take it in for repair check Ur Manufactures warranty or take it to a computer repair shop this fault sounds like it has been caused by hardware! e.g. a lose cable Ur HDD space is not a problem you could try formatting the machine and reinstalling windows if you think it is software related! to boot your PC normally repeat step 1) but select Normal Boot if the PC dose not crash in safe mode i suggest you leave it in it.

Hope this helps if you do get stuck email me on the private response and i will talk you through it using MSN Messenger. Ben Marshall. IT CONSULTANT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…