Lantency Problems with Virgin Media

RobCharles1981 15:12 22 Sep 07

I'm getting High Ping rate in my online games, I never that this problem before, is this something to do with Interleaving or what else might it be?

Dipso 15:50 22 Sep 07

More than likely interleaving. Apparently Virgin Media "don't support" fastpath latency.

Someone has posted a script on another forum for using if your having bad pings and it is currently set to work with netgears and usb modems. It searches for bams with pings under 20ms and will disconnect your netgear and reconnect you to that bam. Apparently it works very well...don't ask me how to use it though lol!

More than likely interleaving. Apparently Virgin Media "don't support" fastpath latency. Someone has posted a script on another forum for using if your having bad pings and it is currently set to work with netgears and usb modems.

It searches for bams with pings under 20ms and will disconnect your netgear and reconnect you to that bam. Apparently it works very well...don't ask me how to use it though lol!

click here

The only other alternative is to migrate away but contract restraints may prevent this.

Dipso 15:51 22 Sep 07

Sorry for the duplication...stupid forum keeps timing out and it's very annoying when you've typed a lengthy reply.

RobCharles1981 16:08 22 Sep 07

lol, Ile have look at this.

RobCharles1981 16:10 22 Sep 07

yikes scripts!! Don't know soz!

Dipso 16:14 22 Sep 07

He he! Hopefully someone else on Virgin ADSL will come along and translate it for you...I can't even experiment (will try anything after a few beers) as it only works for Virgin.

RobCharles1981 16:15 22 Sep 07

lol thanks Dipso so who else might help me....

RobCharles1981 16:27 22 Sep 07

click here

Should I update the Firmware to the latest one do you think?

Dipso 16:37 22 Sep 07

You could but I don't think it will help with the latency.

What ping do you get with say bbc .co . uk?

RobCharles1981 16:59 22 Sep 07

When I ran the speedtest.net it was looking at a ping at 240!!

RobCharles1981 19:39 22 Sep 07

click here

The current one what do Virgin Media users suggest?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017