language issues

Joshv1288 20:07 25 Aug 08

is there a way to change the system language on Windows 2000 to english i booted up and old computer and it has the turkish version on it

RFB 20:19 25 Aug 08

This might help...click here

Joshv1288 20:35 25 Aug 08

yea but mines in turkish and i dnt understand it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:46 25 Aug 08

do you have a CD? or the 4 floppies?

Joshv1288 22:52 25 Aug 08

CD is in turkish

DieSse 23:09 25 Aug 08

You'll need to buy an English version. You can't just change the language.

RFB 09:31 26 Aug 08

You could perhaps work your way through the link below if you could translate the page, maybe using a Turkish to English online translator.
Might be difficult and take a while though.
This is what the link says...
Windows NT. 4.0
You can add, enable, and configure support for multiple languages using the Regional Settings tool in Control Panel. You can also add some languages that are not listed in the Regional Settings tool from the Windows CD-ROM.

To add an additional language in Windows NT 4.0, follow these steps:
1. In the Langpack folder on the Windows NT 4.0 CD-ROM, right-click <language>.inf, and then click Install.

NOTE: Some languages require files from the I386 folder as well as the Langpack folder. If you are prompted for the location of a file that is not in the Langpack folder, specify the I386 folder and then return to the Langpack folder the next time you are prompted for a file.
2. Restart your computer.
To enable a newly added language and specify a keyboard layout in Windows NT, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Regional Settings.
3. On the Regional Settings tab, click the appropriate language, and then click Apply.
4. Click the Input Locales tab.
5. In the Input Locales box, click the appropriate language, and then click Properties.
6. In the Keyboard Layout box, click the appropriate keyboard layout, click OK, and then click OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac